We are happy to announce that you can now connect your Alexa to your Anova device! Just follow these easy steps to connect your devices so that you can effortlessly start a cook with the simple command of your voice.
*Please note that Alexa can only be linked with the Anova Precision Cooker Wifi*
To get started, make sure to:
1) Download Anova App
2) Download Amazon Alexa App (from the App Store, Amazon App Store or Google Play Store)
3) Set up account in the Anova App
4) Set up account in the Amazon Alexa App
To link your Alexa to your Anova, just follow these easy steps below:
Step 1: Open your Amazon Alexa App. Tap on “menu”, then select “skills”
Step 2: Go to the “search all skills” bar and type in “Anova”. Tap on the blue search bar icon to start the search.
Step 3: Once the search is complete, Tap on the Anova Culinary icon.
Step 4: Next tap “enable”.
Step 5: You will then be prompted to Sign-in to your Anova account. Proceed by entering the email address and password associated with your Anova App account.
Step 6: Tap “Sign in”. Once you see the notification that says “Your Anova Culinary skill was successfully linked”, tap on the “X” in the top left-hand corner.
Step 7: Your Alexa and your Anova Precision cooker are now linked. You can start giving your Alexa commands to start cooking. Check out our list of commands below!
Alexa voice commands for the Anova, Say “Alexa, ask Anova...:
- “...to help me cook a steak”
- “... to start my cooker”
- “..to set my cooker to __F or __C” (temperature can vary)
- “...to check on my cook”
- “..to set timer for __ minutes” (time can vary)
- “ to stop cooking”
- “...to Silence the Alarm”
- “ ...to increase/ decrease temperature by __ degrees” (amount can vary)
- “...How long have we been cooking for?”
- “... to add time/ subtract time”
- “...What is the current temperature?”
If you need additional help, you can simply say to your Alexa “Ask Anova to give me help.”
If you are still unable to connect, you can always contact us at email@example.com!