Link Amazon's Alexa to your cooker to enhance your pro-level cooking. Note that the Alexa skill will only work with WI-FI enabled cookers. Before linking Alexa to your cooker:
- Ensure that the Anova app is downloaded
- Ensure that the Amazon Alexa app is downloaded
- Ensure that your cooker is connected to WI-FI
To link Alexa to your cooker on the Alexa app:
Open the Amazon Alexa app, tap the 'menu' button towards the top right, then tap 'Skills.'
Search for 'Anova' in the Search all skills text box.
After search completes, tap on Anova Culinary.
Sign in with your Anova account or Facebook account.
Alexa will automatically link to your cooker and you'll receive a success message once the linking process is complete. Afterwards, tap the 'X' towards the top right.
Alexa and your cooker are now linked. You can now use your voice to cook like a pro. Below are a few commands to help you get started. Always start with, 'Alexa, ask Anova . . .'
- '. . . to help me cook a steak.'
- '. . . to start my cooker.'
- '. . . to set my cooker to __Fº or __Cº.'
- '. . . to check on my cook.'
- '. . . to set timer for __ minutes.'
- '. . . to stop cooking.'
- '. . . to silence the alarm.'
- '. . . to increase/decrease temperature by __ degrees.'
- '. . . how long have we been cooking for?'
- '. . . to add/subtract time.'
- '. . . what is the current temperature'
Note if you need help, you can ask, 'Alexa, ask Anova to give me help.' If you're having trouble linking Alexa to your cooker, please reach out to us and we'd be happy to help!