The Ice Bath is back and ready to be tested! Icebath will be available to all (Android and iOS) Anova Mobile App users October 25th, 2017.
Currently, Ice Bath is a feature in the beta version of our iOS and Android apps. Fill out this survey to become a beta tester until the official release if you cannot wait to get going or want to give us feedback!
Watch this quick video to see how the Ice Bath feature works and how to set it up:
Hey, FoodNerds! Cole here, we are excited to announce that the Ice Bath is back!
Today we are going to walk you through step by step how to set up and use the new Ice Bath Feature on the Anova Culinary App. No matter where you are, you can cook from afar and come back to perfectly cooked food every time.
All you need is:
- The Anova Culinary App
- Your Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI
- The food you want to cook. Anything from chicken, steak, to veggies.
- A container, insulated is preferred when using the icebath feature as it will keep your bath colder for longer.
How to set up your Ice Bath:
- Fill your container with 25 to 50% ice (you can also use ice packs if you prefer)
- Add water to the ice in your container so the water line is above the "min" line on your Anova Precision Cooker.
- Open your Anova Culinary App
- Go to the "More" menu located on the bottom right of the screen
- Scroll down to "Push-notifications" and enable them by toggling the dot to green
- Next, click on "Ice Bath Notification". Toggle your Ice bath feature to "on". This will initiate a check to make sure you have your icebath set-up properly. The Ice Bath Check will Make sure you:
- Have an Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI and are connected to WI-FI
- The water and ice in your bath is above the "min" water line on your Anova Precision Cooker
- Your bath is below 40˚F or 4.4˚C
- Your push notifications are enabled
- If all of these conditions are true you will get a "Success" notification, meaning your Ice Bath is ready to go!
- Place your food in the back and go out and enjoy your life!
- We will monitor the temperature for you, but you can monitor the temperature of your bath from you Anova Culinary App at any time if you choose to.
- You will get a notification when the temperature reaches 40˚F or 4.4˚C, then you can simply start your cook from a pre-selected recipe or guide, or enter your preferred time and temperature.
- Live your life and then come home to a perfectly cooked meal. Easy as that!
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Pilots Of Stone by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)