There are several ways to clean your Anova Precision® Cooker, but here are the top four. Cleaning is relatively simple and straightforward so choose whatever is easiest for you or best addresses your cleaning desires:
- Remove the skirt and end cap (see this article for disassembly instructions)
- Place the skirt and end cap in the dishwasher or wash them in the sink with dish soap
- Dilute equal parts water and white vinegar in a small pot
- Place your Anova Precision® Cooker in the pot
- Set the temperature to 140ºF/60ºC and let your Anova Precision® Cooker heat the liquid
- Cleaning is complete once the Anova Precision® Cooker has reached temperature
This method is best for cleaning build up on your Anova Precision® Cooker. Build up is normal and is due to mineral deposits mostly from tap water. Build up can be brown, black, or even green depending on your water pipes and water source.
- Use a tooth brush with a mild cleaner like dish soap to scrub the circulator, impeller, heating coil, pump shaft, and sensor
- Rinse with a damp cloth
When cleaning the unit make sure you do not bend the impeller shaft. If you do it may rub against the steel skirt after you reassemble it.
- Dampen a microfiber cloth
- Wipe the display gently
- Dry gently with a dry microfiber cloth