CAN I COOK FROM ANYWHERE?
- Yup! This is the most exciting feature of the device! Whether you’re at work, going for a jog or taking a nap, you’ll always be in full control of your cook!
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE WI-FI APP?
DO I NEED A NETWORK CONNECTION TO USE THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER WI-FI WITH MY PHONE?
- Yes - you will need a mobile (data) or WI-FI connection on your phone to use the WI-FI features.
CAN I HAVE MORE THAN ONE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER CONNECTED TO THE APP?
- Not at this time.
DO I NEED TO LOGIN EVERY TIME I WANT TO USE THE APP?
- No - you will only need to login once.
HOW MUCH DATA DOES THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER WI-FI USE ON MY MOBILE DEVICE?
- Data transmission is kept to a minimum when the app is running in the background. While the app is active, it uses less than 20 kilobytes per minute.
DOES MY MOBILE DEVICE NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO THE SAME WI-FI NETWORK AS THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER?
- No - You can be on mobile data (LTE, 3G, 4G) or on a completely different WI-FI network, and you’ll still be able to control your Anova Precision® Cooker.
DOES THE APP USE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS?
- If enabled, yes, the app will push notifications.
CAN I SEE LIVE, UP-TO-DATE TIME AND TEMPERATURE OF MY ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER FROM THE APP?
- Absolutely! As long as you have a data connection on your phone (LTE, 3G, 4G) or connected to a WI-FI network, you can see how your cook is going.
CAN I SEE LIVE, UP-TO-DATE TIME AND TEMPERATURE OF MY ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER FROM A WEB PAGE?
- No - at this time we do not have a web page to monitor your Anova Precision® Cooker WI-FI.
HOW DO I CONNECT THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER TO WI-FI?
- Simply download and install the Anova app and follow the initial setup directions within the app.
IS THERE AN API AVAILABLE FOR THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER WI-FI?
- Not at this time.
IS THERE AN OPEN SDK AVAILABLE FOR THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER WI-FI?
- Not at this time.
WILL MY ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER STOP IF I CLOSE THE APP?
- No - both the app and the Anova Precision® Cooker are designed to continue to operate at the desired/set temperature even if the app is closed.
This FAQ clearly states that there is a second app "Anova Culinary WI-FI" which is not available anywhere in the google play store. There is also no wifi options in the one "Anova Culinary" app. What's the story? Is there a second app that hasn't been released yet? Why does this faq have the false information that there is a second app? shouldn't it say "coming soon" if the app isn't available? Why wasn't there any communication given to those who pre-ordered that the device wouldn't be fully functional when it arrived?
Same issue as TJ. I'm in Canada and I see no Anova Culinary Wifi app in the Apple's app Store.
Same issue here, too.
4 days after the last commenter and still the same issue.
My girlfriend ordered this for my birthday in July and was told it would be shipped September 1st. I was happy to wait. On September 1st they sent us an old Bluetooth model and we were told that they thought we just wanted them to wait to ship it for 2 months. Doesn't make sense.
Meanwhile one of their app development people (Tara V.) contacted me about suggestions I would have for a wifi app. Tara was unconcerned and unresponsive to the issue of the old model being sent to us and the general miscommunication. However, once we got the old model shipped back and everything squared away waiting for the new one she then had plenty of questions and wanted suggestions and ideas. She was very responsive. I sent her two or three emails with a ton of ideas and suggestions and never heard from her again. No follow up. No thank you. No nothing. Then today I open up my new device to find no instructions and no app for this model.
Granted, the old app with Bluetooth works fine with the new model and the device seems totally functional. It is just disappointing to be an early adopter, deal with service issues, wait an extra two months, and to do everything you can to offer your ideas, only to be shipped something that can't use its main new feature at all. The customer service is very disappointing as well. How about a letter or an email with my new device explaining the situation. Something. :(
Seriously, I see no app for ios or android for the WiFi model. What kind of device comes with zero instructions??? This is extremely frustrating. You.would think this type.of thing would be communicated somewhere but the site pretends like everything is fine and says a ios app is available even!!! Crazy.
My device is not working properly! It alerted me again and again that my water level is low with a very loud sound !!! What is the problem?