When will I receive my device?
- Your WI-FI device will be processed for shipping immediately. Please allow 1 business day for processing, then add your chosen shipping time.
What can I do with the WI-FI that I can't with Bluetooth?
- The WI-FI model uses the same internals as the Precision Cooker Bluetooth with one important addition - WI-FI functionality.
- WI-FI functionality will allow you to cook remotely meaning you can cook from anywhere!
- The WI-FI unit is 900W and can circulate 5.5 gallons of water, whereas the bluetooth is 800W and can only circulate 5 gallons of water.
Can I upgrade the firmware on my Bluetooth device to make it WI-FI compatible?
- The upgrade to WI-FI is a hardware upgrade, not a software upgrade. The Bluetooth device does not have a WI-FI chip.
Does the device shut off when it reaches the desired temperature?
- The device will continue to run at the desired set temperature until you decide you are ready to turn it off. Also remember Sous Vide allows you to leave your food warming without overcooking, so keep that chicken hot if the rest of your meal isn’t ready yet.
Can I use the device without a phone or tablet?
- Absolutely - The APC is designed to be used with or without a phone. You can always set the time and temp manually!
Can I cook from anywhere?
- Yup! This is the most exciting feature of the device! Whether you’re at work, going for a jog or taking a nap, you’ll always be in full control of your cook!
Where can I download the WI-FI App?
Do I need a network connection to use the WI-FI device with my phone?
- Yes - You will need a mobile (data) or WI-FI connection on your phone to use the WI-FI device features.
Can I have more than one device connected to my phone?
- Not at this time.
Do I need to constantly login continually to access my device?
- No - You will only need to login once to input your WI-FI login information to the app.
How much data does the WI-FI device use on my mobile device?
- Data transmission is kept to a minimum when the app is running in the background. While the app is active, it uses less than 20 kilobytes per minute.
Do I need to be constantly connected to my WI-FI at home?
- No - That is the beauty of WI-FI! You can be on mobile data (LTE, 3G, 4G) or on a completely different WI-FI network, and you’ll still be able to control your cook.
Do I need to be constantly connected to any WI-FI?
- No - You can use the app in tandem with any data connection, whether it be WI-FI or mobile data.
Does the app notify me when there is a cooking error?
- Yes - You’ll receive notifications for low water level and food safety.
Can I see live, up-to-date temperature and device information from my Precision Cooker WI-FI?
- Absolutely! As long as you have a data connection on your phone (LTE, 3G, 4G) you can see how your cook is going.
Can I monitor the time/temperature of my device via a web page?
- No - At this time we do not have a web page to monitor your WI-FI device.
Does the device connect to my home network or do I have to bind it to the device WI-FI?
- The device connects to your home network via the app - It will guide you through a very simple process.
How do I connect the WI-FI device to my home network?
- Simply download and install the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI app and follow the initial setup directions within the app.
Is there an API available for the WI-FI device?
- Not at this time.
Will my Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI stop if I close the app?
- No - both the app and the APC WI-FI are designed to continue to operate at the desired/set temperature even if the app is closed.
Is there a delayed start option?
- Not yet but we plan on adding that feature!
How does the device connect to a secured WI-FI network?
- The device will connect via the in-app setup method.