WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE WI-FI THAT I CAN'T WITH BLUETOOTH?
- The Anova Precision® Cooker WI-FI uses the same internals as the Anova Precision® Cooker Bluetooth with one important addition - WI-FI functionality.
- WI-FI functionality allows you to cook remotely meaning you can cook from anywhere!
- The WI-FI unit is 900W and can circulate 5.5 gallons of water, whereas the bluetooth is 800W and can only circulate 5 gallons of water.
CAN I UPGRADE MY ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER BLUETOOTH TO WI-FI?
- The upgrade to WI-FI is a hardware upgrade, not a software upgrade.
- Anova Precision® Cooker Bluetooths don't have a WI-FI chip.
- See here for more information on our exchange policy.
DOES THE DEVICE AUTOMATICALLY SHUT OFF?
- The device will continue to run at the desired set temperature until you decide you are ready to turn it off. Also remember cooking sous vide allows you to leave your food warming without overcooking, so keep that chicken hot if the rest of your meal isn’t ready yet.
CAN I USE THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER WITHOUT THE APP?
- Absolutely - The Anova Precision® Cooker is designed to be used with or without a phone. You can always set the time and temp manually. See here for more information!
WHAT ARE THE TEMPERATURE RANGES FOR THE ANOVA PRECISION® COOKER?
- Your Anova Precision® Cooker can reliably hold temperatures from 77°F (25°C) to 212.5° F (99°C). The cooker itself can read higher and lower temperatures, but will not operate outside of the above ranges.
- The Anova Precision® Cooker cannot boil water or cool water. Also keep in mind if your device is not going above 99° it may be set to C, when your desired temp is in F, and vice versa if you cannot set it below 77° it may be set in F, when you want C.