You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding Pro below.
WHAT DO MAX AND MIN LINES MEAN?
- The MAX line is the maximum level of how much water can be in your vessel.
- Ensure that your water line is below this line.
- The MIN line is the minimum level of how much water can be in your vessel.
- Ensure that your water line is above this line. With longer cooks, be sure to periodically add water if needed.
PRO TIP: Place a cover or foil on top of your vessel to reduce heat up time and be energy efficient.
DOES THE DEVICE AUTOMATICALLY SHUT OFF?
- Yes, the device will turn off automatically after it's been running for 10,000 hours.
IS THE BOTTOM SKIRT REMOVABLE?
- Yes, you can remove the bottom cap by giving it a twist clockwise. To reattach, give it a twist counterclockwise.
IS THE BOTTOM CAP REMOVABLE?
- No, its attached to the sleeve, so when the sleeve is removed, it's removed with it.
IS THE PRO USING FULL WATTAGE ALL THE TIME? WILL I BLOW A FUSE?
- The cooker is using full power during the complete heat up phase (1200W for the 120V version). When it reaches the correct temperature the heating power will be reduced to what is needed to keep the temperature stable. This will depend on the temperature you are cooking at, the size of the water bath, if you use a lid or sous vide balls, and if the water bath is isolated or not.
HOW MUCH WATER CAN I USE?
- Without a lid, Pro can heat up 40L to max temp in a “Coleman cooler” style container. With a lid, Pro can heat up 100L to max temp in a “Coleman cooler” style container. If the container is a standard “plastic rubbermaid” that size drops down to 60L at max temp.