Anova products ensure safe operation when installed, operated, and maintained according to safety recommendations below. This section explains the potential dangers that may arise when operating the Anova Precision® Oven and notes expected behavior.
- High levels of visible steam will escape out the front exhaust area at high temperatures while cooking essentially any type of food. This is expected. At high temps when steam is coming out of the exhaust area, it is HOT. Be careful.
- The drip tray is can fill up in roughly 1hr when doing a 212F/100% steam cook. Be sure to empty it at the end of a cook or the beginning of a new cook.
- The wet bulb reservoir is removable and can be easily cleaned. Be sure to clean often as a dirty wet bulb reservoir may result in issues with sous vide cooking mode.
- The hardware controls will be disabled when; A) you have your hand/fingers wrapped around the back of the handle (there are sensors here to avoid accidental touches when opening the door) and B) when the door is open all buttons are deactivated
- If the UI panel becomes inactive when the door is closed, open/close the door again. If this doesn't work, try power cycling and see if that helps. Still nothing? Contact Support and we can help.