In the event that you need to clean your Precision® Cooker, just follow these easy steps to remove the stainless steel skirt and the end cap. Both the skirt and the end cap are dishwasher safe, so just throw them in with your dishes if you are short on time!
Remember to be gentle when disassembling and reassembling your cooker.
- Unplug your cooker.
- Loosen the adjustable clamp by twisting the knob on the side counterclockwise. Once loose, remove by sliding the clamp down until its free of the steel skirt.
- Ensure the steel skirt is dry then firmly place one hand under the display screen and the other hand in the middle of the steel skirt. With a little force, simply hold the top half steady and rotate the steel skirt clockwise until the skirt clicks out.
- Once you hear the click, gently pull down to separate the steel skirt from the upper display. Make sure you don’t hit the impellers against the steel skirt. The clear end cap at the bottom of the device can also be removed by rotating it counterclockwise if you would like to clean it separately.
- Carefully lay the head of the device down on a soft surface, making sure not to jostle the impeller.
- Once the steel skirt is free, feel free to pop it in the dishwasher or wash by hand.
After the steel skirt is clean, you can easily reassemble your cooker using these simple steps.
- Hold the display screen portion with one hand with the impellers pointing down to the ground. Then, carefully slide the steel skirt over the impeller and the heating circulator. Be sure to line the dots on the skirt up with the grooves on the display screen portion. Don’t jam it shut as this may damage the impeller. Then carefully guide the impellers to go straight through the bottom of the steel skirt.
- Once you have steel skirt over the impellers and in the grooves, you’ll need to rotate the bottom steel skirt counterclockwise until it clicks into place or until you can’t twist it any tighter.
- Once you hear a click, the steel skirt is locked in place. Attach the clamp by sliding it up and over the steel skirt. Tighten by twisting the knob on the side clockwise.
- Next, re-attach the small clear end cap to the bottom of the steel skirt by aligning it with the bottom of the steel skirt and then rotating it gently clockwise. It should pop right back on.
You can find in-depth cleaning instructions here.
This does not make sense. I think you mean rotate top and bottom counter clockwise (lefty/loosy). Otherwise the whole unit rotates in the same direction.
However, I can't get the skirt off at all. There's a little arrow on the plastic but no matching arrow on the stainless steel.
How hard should I twist?
I'm having the same issue, unable to take apart.
This is a HORRIBLE description of how to take it apart. If you hold it with the skirt on the bottom you turn the skirt CLOCKWISE to take it off. If you turn the unit upside down, skirt on top and control unit on the bottom, then turn the skirt counter-clockwise. See, the instructions leave out which way the unit is facing.
Plastic cap on bottom impossible to twist off, poor molding.
Here's my thoughts. Hold the top pointing away from you with your left hand. Grab base in right hand and twist anti clockwise as you normally would for unscrewing something. It is a very firm fit and requires a little bit of force, but not too much. When the bottom has twisted approximately 1cm and can't go any further, gently pull the shield away from the unit.