Disassembling/Reassembling your Precision Cooker.
In the event that you need to clean your Precision Cooker, just follow these easy steps to remove the stainless steel skirt and the end cap. Both the skirt and the end cap are dishwasher safe, so just throw them in with your dishes if you are short on time!
*Remember to be gentle when disassembling and reassembling your cooker!
If you are more of a visual learner, check out this quick video:
If visual learning isn't really your thing, here are some written instructions:
*The instructions below are for disassembling/reassembling a Precision Cooker that is vertically held with the display screen on top and the metal skirt below.*
- To begin, unplug the Precision Cooker from the electrical outlet.
- Then remove the adjustable clamp, this will make it easier to remove the steel skirt.
- To remove the skirt, you'll want to make sure you wipe off any water so it's easier to grip. Once you have wiped it down, firmly place one hand under the display screen and the other hand in the middle of the steel skirt. With a little force, simply hold the top half steady and rotate the steel skirt clockwise until the skirt clicks out.
- Once you hear the click, gently separate the skirt from the upper display. Make sure you don’t hit the impellers against the skirt. The clear end cap at the bottom of the device can also be removed by rotating it counterclockwise if you would like to clean it separately.
- Carefully lay the head of the device down on a soft surface, making sure not to jostle the impeller.
- Once the skirt is free, feel free to pop it in the dishwasher.
After it is clean, you can easily reassemble your device using these simple steps.
- Gently re-attach the stainless steel skirt. To do so, hold the display screen portion with one hand with the impellers pointing down to the ground. Then, carefully slide the stainless steel skirt over the impeller and the heating circulator. Make sure you don’t jam it shut as this may damage the impeller. Then carefully guide the impellers to go straight through the bottom of the steel skirt.
- Once you have slide the skirt over the impellers, you’ll need to rotate the bottom steel skirt counterclockwise until it clicks into place or until you can’t twist it any tighter.
- Next, re-attach the small clear end cap to the bottom of the steel skirt by aligning it with the bottom of the steel skirt and then rotating it gently clockwise. It should pop right back on.
- After it clicks into place you are ready to start cooking again!
Instructions on how to clean your precision cooker can be found HERE